Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many participants are in a class?
As a boutique studio, we keep our classes small and intimate, with a maximum of 4 in Clinical Physio Exercise (Rehab), 5 in Reformer Pilates, and 8 in Pilates Mat Classes. This allows our instructors to provide personalised attention and individual adjustments to each participant if need be. This ensures patients are safely transitioned between exercises, supported, challenged and working towards fitness goals effectively.
2. Can I claim Pilates Reformer or Mat classes on private health?
No. After the new reforms to natural therapies cover were introduced, Body Align Physio no longer accepts private health claims for exercise classes. Therefore, you will no longer be able to claim for any Reformer or Mat Pilates services (including those taken by a physiotherapist).
If your private health insurance policy includes cover for physiotherapy you can claim for our Clinical Exercise Equipment (Rehab) sessions. Rebates will differ depending on your policy, so please speak to your insurer.
PLEASE NOTE, for claiming purposes all our Clinical Exercise (Rehab) are classified as Group Physiotherapy consultations (HICAPS code 560) according to the following criteria.
An initial assessment is conducted by a physiotherapist
The class program is tailored to your individual needs
Clinical record keeping is maintained (our staff record notes at each session)
The session is taken by a physiotherapist
A re-assessment occurs regularly based on the physiotherapist’s clinical judgement
The Group class has a maximum of 5 participants
3. How do I book a class?
You can book a class by calling our studio on (02) 44542309 or head to our Mindbody Page if you have already booked your Initial Assessment with one of our physiotherapists via Cliniko
4. How do I purchase a class/pack at Body Align Physio
If you have already had your assessment you can head to our Mindbody Page here and book your class pass or pack. Otherwise pop into the clinic/give us a call to book on (02) 4454 2309.
5. Can I do Pilates if I am pregnant?
Pilates is one of the most beneficial forms of pre and postnatal exercise! However, please speak to your doctor first, and alert your instructor/physiotherapist to your situation as adjustments may need to be made. In some cases, an initial one-on-one assessment may be required.
6. What should I wear?
Comfortable, stretchy or loose clothes that allow you to move freely and stretch. Socks must be worn for hygiene reasons and a small towel is advised. We have a variety of grip socks available for purchase at reception.
7. Can I use the waitlist for classes at Body Align?
If a class you particularly want is fully booked please sign up for the waiting list. Due to our 24 hour cancellation policy there is movement in the classes. Should a place become available then you will receive either an email or text from us offering you a place in the class. Please notify us if you receive an email from us if you can attend or not.
8. Can I make-up my classes if I cannot attend one week?
It is the participants responsibility to arrange their own make-up class and in some instances unfortunately this may not be possible. Please note in each ten week block you are able to do this a maximum of two occasions and are required to give us at least 24 hours notice. Make up classes MUST be completed within that class pack and within the expiry period.
9. What is the Cancellation Policy at Body Align?
Our class sizes are small and can fill quickly. This is why our Cancellation Policy exists which all clients must adhere to:
• Group Exercise (Rehab)classes: Cancellations need to be made more than 24 hours prior to your class beginning. We understand that sometimes unforeseen circumstances can arise but we have to be strict, fair and consistent with all clients, therefore, no exceptions will be made.
• Private and duet sessions: A 24 hour cancellation policy applies.
• Physiotherapists and classes are subject to change without notice. Body Align Physio reserves the right to cancel classes if necessary.
• If you do not cancel or reschedule your class outside of the 24 hour time frame or are a no-show/absent from your class, you will be charged for the full session amount.
10. What are the term and conditions at Body Align Physio?
You can read all the terms and conditions here.